12-31-2018 04:27 AM
I downloaded and installed the laatest version of HP support assistant. It asked me to restart to complete installation. After restarting, the icons in desktop were not showing (only the text is showing). How do I geet the icons to show ?
01-01-2019 06:00 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, the desktop icons are missing.
Don't worry, I'm here to help!
Let's try these steps -
1) Right click anywhere on the desktop screen and click on "View"
2) In the "View", ensure that "Show desktop icons" has a check mark.
if the issue still persists, try these steps -
1) Right click anywhere on the desktop screen and then click on "Personalize".
2) Click on "Themes".
3) Click on "Desktop icon settings".
4) Select the icons you want on the desktop and click on Apply and then click OK.
Hope this helps!
Let me know how that goes.
To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the "Thumbs up".
Have a great day ahead :)
I am an HP Employee