Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 15-cn1073wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently purchased five HP Envy X360s (model 15-CN1073WM, product 6BS87UA) with backlit keyboard running InsydeH2O BIOS version F.19 revision A (sp98879).  After buying them I found the keyboard backlight is set by BIOS default to turn off when it's left untouched for 30-seconds, rather than remaining on until it is manually turned off.  I've checked and there do not appear to be any options available within the Insyde BIOS settings or the Windows 10 OS to change this behavior. 

Of the (18) HP laptops I currently maintain, including three older X360s, this is the only model where the keyboard backlight acts like this – the others all leave the backlight on until the user turns it off with a function key.

If at all possible I would really like to have the keyboard backlight of the 15-CN1073WM model function the same as our other HP laptops in that the keyboard remains lit until it is turned off manually.  Can you please let me know how to go about requesting HP provide a revision of the F.19 BIOS with the keyboard backlight timeout set to "never”.

Please let me know if there's any additional information I can provide to assist with this question.

Thanks very much for your help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Filo587

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

You can check the details here, if the BIOS options are locked, your device is designed to have certain functions locked and the same cannot be changed: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01612362

Also, I will forward your feedback to the HP research team for a BIOS update with such a feature, however, they don't have a response time and I'm not sure how long that would take as I mentioned earlier, its designed to work the way its working now.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.