Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP ProOne 400 G2 20-inch Touch All-in-One PC
Linux

I have a AiO (HP ProOne 400 G2 20-inch Touch All-in-One PC)

Graphics: "Intel HD Graphics 530".
I can install Ubuntu just with nomodeset mode.

So now I have low resolution. In this case what to do I do? I install Ubuntu 18.04.

About Details Graphics llvmpipe (LLVM 6.0, 256 bits).

If I select "UEFI - hp PLDS DVDRW DU8AESH" in boot menu and then "install ubuntu" I see just colorful screen (red, green, blue).

If I select "Legacy - hp PLDS DVDRW DU8AESH" in boot menu and then:

1. Press "F8"
2. Press "F6"
3. Select "nomodeset"
4. Install Ubuntu.
5. Every thing is OK but I have not good resolution.

The output for "sudo lshw | grep -A9 VGA" is the following:

- description: VGA compatible controller
- product: HD Graphics 530
- vendor: Intel Corporation
- physical id: 2
- bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
- version: 06
- width: 64 bits
- clock: 33MHz
- capabilities: pciexpress msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list
- configuration: latency=0

HP ProOne 400 G2  doesn't support the Linux?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

you  should check with

sudo lshw -c video | grep 'configuration'

which driver is Ubuntu using. However you are not the only one that is facing this problem. It seems that this Ubuntu release is kinda buggy. The only thing that seems work is selecting Wayland at the login screen (There should be a drop down menu or an icon to select which desktop to use), it seems forcing the kernel switching to the Intel drivers. Currently you are using the base diver called LLVMpipe.

Best regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that solved your problem, please mark it as solution so other people will be able to solve similar problem faster. If this answer was helpful, give me a Kudo

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.