Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (298 Views)
Accepted Solution

Programs automatically downloaded

Product Name: HP Slim Desktop 410-010
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I downloaded Google Chrome. When it was finished, the download had also included the programs Driver Update and SlimCleaner Plus. I am not sure whether to trust them. 

Has anyone used them?

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Programs automatically downloaded

@Fayma

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Smiley Happy I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Slimline Desktop - 410-010 PC. I read that after you downloaded Google Chrome, it included the programs like Driver Update and SlimCleaner Plus. 

I suggest you to remove the driver update and the SlimCleaner Plus and not to use them. I personally downloaded Google Chrome on my PC and these two items were not attached to my Google Chrome browser. 

Moreover, I did some online research and did not find good reviews about the SlimCleaner Plus. 

I hope this answers your question. Keep me posted for any questions. Cheers! Smiley Happy

View solution in context
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (278 Views)

@Fayma

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Smiley Happy I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Slimline Desktop - 410-010 PC. I read that after you downloaded Google Chrome, it included the programs like Driver Update and SlimCleaner Plus. 

I suggest you to remove the driver update and the SlimCleaner Plus and not to use them. I personally downloaded Google Chrome on my PC and these two items were not attached to my Google Chrome browser. 

Moreover, I did some online research and did not find good reviews about the SlimCleaner Plus. 

I hope this answers your question. Keep me posted for any questions. Cheers! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (269 Views)

Thank you for your suggestion. It was my first inclination to uninstall the programs so it is nice to have verification.

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (256 Views)

@Fayma

You're most welcome. Smiley Happy

It's a privilege to share this platform with you. Take care! 

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation