Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thin client

HP T630
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hello

We currently have a problem to update the HPDM agent on T630 

We have console 4.7 SP11 and we want to update the thin client agent on 4.7.33464

On some TC  with write filter 1.0.16 it works but on those with write filter 1.6 the task uninstalls the old agent and does not reinstall the new one.

We have this error :

MSI (s) (0C:9C) [12:43:56:109]: Error: Getting file path failed: C:\windows\xpeagent\HPWF\HPReg_AddExclusion.ps1, error = 3

MSI (s) (0C:9C) [12:43:56:109]: Error: This file path is updated, hence failing to create: C:\windows\xpeagent\HPWF\HPReg_AddExclusion.ps1

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
43 42 3 14
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thin client

Please ensure the path "C:\windows\xpeagent" is in the write filter exclusion list.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the Thumbs Up Button below to say Thanks**
0 Kudos
ISSC-Engineer Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thin client

Hello

Yes this path is in the exclusion list

Thanks

0 Kudos
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
43 42 3 14
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thin client

Sorry for the inconvenience.  We've addressed this is a compatibility issue introduced by the new Write Manager.  In HPDM 4.7 SP12 we will be able to handle this automatically.  Before that is released, you'll need to manually take actions to fix the problem in your environment.  Please go to the thin client and do the following steps:

1. Enable write filter from the tray icon

2. Disable the write filter from the tray icon

3. Copy HPDM Agent installer to the unit (you can find it in the repository under Agents/HPWE8_64/. and yes it is for Win10 IoT units)

4. Run the installer as administrator

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the Thumbs Up Button below to say Thanks**
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation