Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Tilt Pen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a new HP Tilt Pen (2MY21AA#ABL) for use with my HP Spectre x360 Convertible (2482F730-5327-4D9A-BB7B-891645B3E1B7) and am unable to use the former with the latter.  I charged the device, synced to bluetoo successfully and can even use the eraser button to open the programmed hotkey options.  However the pen tip and eraser are completely unresponsive on my touch screen, the side button elicits no response.

I have checked for drivers to update and there are none.  I have tried several different HP and Microsoft native programs and with the pen without any response.  I have searched online and found multiple sources that say that my specific model of HP Tilt Pen and HP Spectre x360 are compatible.  And yet... all evidence indicates I've wasted 60 bucks.

Can you help me figure out how to use my pen with my laptop?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hemkito
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Set up an HP Tilt Pen with your laptop.

HP Tilt Pen - Video Tutorials

1. Remove the pen from its packaging.

2. Twist the pen to unlock it...and then pull the end up to access the charger.

3. Charge the pen with a USB-C plug. A white LED illuminates to indicate the pen is charging.

4. Wait one hour for the pen to fully charge, and then disconnect the charger.

5. Twist the pen cap to close and lock it back into place.

Pair the pen with the laptop via Bluetooth.

1. Press and hold the top button for three seconds. The light is solid blue when the pen is ready to pair.

2. In Windows, search for and open Settings, and then click Devices

3. Select Add Bluetooth or other devices, and then click Bluetooth.

4. Select the HP Tilt Pen.

5. Click Done to complete pairing the HP Tilt Pen with the computer.

Customize the pen settings in Windows 10.

1. In Windows, search for and open Pen settings.

2. Customize the pen settings:

• Pen & Windows Ink: Choose which hand to write with, and enable or disable visual effects, cursor, and a setting to ignore touch input when using the pen.

• Handwriting: Choose to write directly into a text field, change the font and font size, and choose to write with your fingertip.

• Windows Ink Workspace: Customize additional pen settings (if supported by your pen). Settings include show recommended app suggestions; set pen shortcuts; and select pen behavior when you click once, double-click, or press and hold.

3. Save the settings and open an app to use your pen with the selected settings.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there.  I'm still waiting for a response from you.  I replied previously to this post saying that I had already taken all of the steps you advised for me (several times) and the pen continues to be completely defective unable to register touch on my computer under any circumstances.  It appears my response has been removed here.

Please advise me ASAP on how to troubleshoot, replace, or refund my pen.

HP Recommended

@hemkito
Thank you for posting back. 

apologize for the inconvenience caused, as you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.