05-16-2018 10:25 PM - last edited on 05-16-2018 10:31 PM by Cheron-Z
Having issues flashing the BIOS firmware via USB media on the HP Probook 430 G4.
Support have suggested the following:
Find the latest BIOS version on the HP support site: https://www.hp.com/drivers If the issue has already occurred, the computer can be recovered by performing a crisis recovery from a USB flash drive. Use these steps to prepare a USB flash drive for the recovery:
- Download latest BIOS SoftPaq to a working computer. NOTE: the working computer does not have to have the same BIOS as the computer that needs to be recovered, just make sure you download the correct SoftPaq for the computer that needs to be recovered.
- Insert a USB flash drive (with more than 64-MB space available).
- Double-click the SoftPaq.
- Click OK.
- From the menu, select Create a USB flash drive to update or recover the system BIOS on another HP Personal Computer, then click Next, then select the appropriate flash drive and click Next, then click Finish.
- Insert the created USB drive into the computer with the black screen.
- Ensure PC is powered off then press the power button.
- Wait for the recovery to complete NOTE: The computer will automatically start the recovery process when powered on, but the screen will remain blank. A blinking Caps Lock LED indicates the process has started.
- Remove the USB key and restart the computer when the following message appears: A System BIOS Recovery has occurred.
- Verify if issue was resolved and BIOS version updated.
After creating and trying a number of USB media, the 430 G4 will not boot to update to recovery; and Selecting update BIOS using local Media with into the BIOS; it does not see the latest version on the USB and it only offers to Rollback to previous version.
Am I using the wrong tool here to the create the USB media to update BIOS Using local media??? I have a number of 430 G4's and they seem update if the update is initiated through windows using HPBIOSUPDREC.exe