11-14-2018 06:49 PM
My new laptop shows my name and ask for a password, however every password is said to be incorrect . I was able to put my Email and FB on the Laptop yesterday. I want to put Netflix, HULU , Starz, my contacts and Etc from my iPhone onto my HP Laptop....HELP ....
11-16-2018 02:08 PM
Hey there! @GG881, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!
I understand have forgotten the password for your PC and you have issues logging in.
Don't worry I'd like to help you out.
Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?
Are you using a local account or a connected account to log into your PC?
Please share the product number and operating system you are running on your PC to assist you better.
Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.
Check whether Windows 10 Microsoft account password is changed
As we know, we could change the Windows 10 login password by Microsoft password reset service (https://account.live.com/password/reset). So probably Microsoft account password has been changed but you forgot or didn’t know. At this time, if you cannot remember the new password of Microsoft account, please change it again with Microsoft service or Windows 10 Password Genius.
This issue can typically result, when you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your Windows 10 / 8.1 PC and you have reset the password online on your Microsoft, Outlook or Hotmail account, but forgotten to make the change on your PC. Alternatively, you may receive this message if you inadvertently typed the wrong password in the box.
Try few steps recommended below.
1. Click the Start button at the bottom left of your screen
2. Click Settings from the list to the left.
3. Select Accounts.
4. Select Sign-in options from the menu.
5. Click on Change under Change your account password.
6. In order to change your password, you have to sign in with your current Microsoft account password. Enter your password in the box. Click Sign in.
7. Microsoft will send you a new code to change your password through the phone number that is associated with your account. Enter the last four digits of your phone number to verify it is the correct number. Press Enter.
8. You will receive a code on your phone. Enter the code.
9. A new page will direct you to enter your old password and then type in a new password. Reenter the new password. Press Enter.
Also, Please try the steps recommended below.
Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and click on the Power button.
Click on Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment.
Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built-in Administrator.
Follow the below steps to enable Built-in Administrator:
Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.
Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
net user administrator /active:yes
Close the Command Prompt.
Try to log in with Built-in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create a new user account.
Also, refer this article to know more information about managing user accounts. Click Here
If the issue still persists try performing a system recovery on your PC and check if it helps.
Refer this article to know more information about performing a system recovery. Click Here
If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Please try running a system recovery using the recovery discs.
Let me know if this works!
Have a great day! 🙂
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee