Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z2 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed a new application on the RGS server - a banking application. When launching the application via RGS the application opens in a full-screen-like window, but without content. It only displays black windows.

When connecting to the same machine with Microsoft RDP client for macOS everything is displayed correctly and I can use the app.

Any suggestions on how to solve the problem?

Client is macOS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It seems that, for security reasons, your banking application is blocking screen capture, and that's why you only see a black screen.

One thing that could be done is to change the capture mode on your sender to use Comparitron, but that would compromise performance for your users.

Here's how you can do it:

1. stop the sender service.
  2. edit your rgsenderconfig file  and uncomment the following property: Rgsender.PreferredDisplayMethods
  3. change the order of the values so that Comparitron is used first. e.g. Rgsender.PreferredDisplayMethods=Comparitron GPU ChangeList 
  4. Save changes and start the sender service.

Or, as a second option, you can keep your current strategy if it works for everyone.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

This is a screenshot of the problem:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-19 um 21.04.58.png

HP Recommended

Please provide information about your Sender system:

• What kind of graphics?
  • Is there a monitor attached?
  • What version of graphics driver are you using?

If the Sender is Windows 10 and has NVIDIA graphics without a monitor attached:

In rgsenderconfig, set Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless to 1.
2. Restart the RGS Sender service.
– or –
Restart the sender.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi BeckyN,

unfortunately the setting is already set to 1:

• HP Z2 Tower G4 Workstation
  • Windows 10
  • Headless
  • NVIDIA Quadro P2000
  • Version 24.21.14.1195 (08.11.2018)
  • Version 442.50
  • Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless is already set to 1

Update: Updated NVIDIA driver to version 442.50. Same problem.

HP Recommended

One more question - which version of RGS are you using?  I'll contact you via email to collect logs.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

RGS 7.7

Thank you

HP Recommended

Is your sender desktop showing black too or is it only a specific application that starts up black?

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

The sender's desktop has a colourful background. It is only this specific software (banking software) starting as black window.

With MS Remote Desktop I can use the software, but as the users use a CAD software on the system, they need RGS. And I want to provide them a single solution for their work.

I have sent BeckyN the logs.

HP Recommended

It seems that, for security reasons, your banking application is blocking screen capture, and that's why you only see a black screen.

One thing that could be done is to change the capture mode on your sender to use Comparitron, but that would compromise performance for your users.

Here's how you can do it:

1. stop the sender service.
  2. edit your rgsenderconfig file  and uncomment the following property: Rgsender.PreferredDisplayMethods
  3. change the order of the values so that Comparitron is used first. e.g. Rgsender.PreferredDisplayMethods=Comparitron GPU ChangeList 
  4. Save changes and start the sender service.

Or, as a second option, you can keep your current strategy if it works for everyone.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.