Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z240 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When connecting for the first time with RGS, login fails with the following error.

=============================================================================================

Authorization failed!

When you attempt to connect to another user's desktop a dialog is displayed on the Sender desktop asking the logged in user to allow your connection .A user is not allowed to connect to another user's desktop unless they are explicitly allowed/authorized.Either you were not granted access or the dialog timed-out and you were implicityly denied access.

=============================================================================================

Of course, the computer is logged off.

If you try to reconnect immediately after the connection fails, you can connect without any problems.

This phenomenon reoccurs about 3 minutes after logging off after a successful connection.
Also, restarting the Sender service will temporarily resolve it.

tried a combination of RGS version and graphics driver, but it didn't work.
In addition, although the frequency of occurrence is high, in rare cases the event may not occur.

・Sender Environment

Model:HP Z240SFF

GPU:Nvidia Quadro P1000 

GraphicDriver:ver 441.63

RGS sender: ver 7.6.1

・Receiver Environment

RGS receiver:7.5.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Glad the newer versions are working for you.  We made some changes on the receiver side in 7.7 that help with disconnects.  This also carried into Remote Boost.  The default setting for network timeouts are still at 15 seconds which you can still modify for a longer period if your network connections are slow.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Since you are on an older version of RGS, could you try Remote Boost 20.0.1 or RGS 7.7.2 on sender and receiver to see if issue goes away?  You can download RGS 7.7.2 from the HP Software Depot.  Perform a search on RGS.  You can select the Windows package that has both sender and receiver.

https://h30670.www3.hp.com/portal/swdepot/index.do

You can download Remote Boost at https://www8.hp.com/us/en/workstations/zcentral-remote-boost.html

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I confirmed that it does not occur in RGS receiver 7.7.0 or later.

Also, in ver 7.5.0, it was possible to avoid it by increasing the value of Settings> Network> Network Timeouts> Dialog.
Login authentication at the first connection seems to be short with the default timeout value (15 seconds).

Was it fixed in 7.7.0 or later?

HP Recommended

Glad the newer versions are working for you.  We made some changes on the receiver side in 7.7 that help with disconnects.  This also carried into Remote Boost.  The default setting for network timeouts are still at 15 seconds which you can still modify for a longer period if your network connections are slow.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.