cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
mtoperzer
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Blanking sender display

HP Recommended
z850
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I setup my sender workstation to blank the screen when I'm connected?.

7 REPLIES 7
freesbee
Level 2
15 13 0 0
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

According to the manual (and also to my experiments) this is the default behavior of ZCentral. The manual says "with exception of the cursor" but again, in my test here I do not see any cursor on the sender screen.

If for any reason in your case it works differently, you have two possibilities to control this behavior.

1. start the SenderConfigApp.exe in the sender's installation directory. The third option from the General tab allows you to control this behavior
  2. in the rgsenderconfig file uncomment the option
    Rgsender.IsBlankScreenAndInputLockEnabled=1
    (restart the sender service)

In my experiments changing the 1 to a 0 has "unblanked" the sender's screen.

Hope it helps 🙂

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
SteveLewis
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Mtoperzer,

Can I ask what graphics card you are using? We've found that screen blanking works by default with Nvidia Quadro cards, but it doesn't work with non-Quadro cards, such as Titans or RTX1080's, etc.

Steve

freesbee
Level 2
15 13 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Of course you can ask.

I have done the test a few minutes ago while I was writing the message.

The sender system is:

i7-9700KF

ASRock Gaming Z390

nVidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super

Win10 1909

nVidia Driver 457.30

KellyRGS
Level 7
Level 7
736 726 55 71
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Remote Boost and RGS 7 default settings are to blank the sender.  We actually blank the sender once the user has logged in.  You can change the setting by using the SenderConfigApp.exe on Windows or senderconfigapp.sh on LInux senders.  When you make the change, you will be prompted to restart the sender service.  This needs to be done in order to have the changes take effect.

I am an HP employee.
mtoperzer
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried both behaviors but my sender screen still remains unblanked.

What can I do?

freesbee
Level 2
15 13 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

...if you really stopped the sender service, changed the line in the rgsenderconfig to what is stated here above, restarted the sender service and still screens did not blank, then you need somebody much more savvy than me...

In my cases (and I have tried ALL scenarios, QUADRO, GeForce) it has always worked as described in the manual.

KellyRGS
Level 7
Level 7
736 726 55 71
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What version and build of Windows 10 are you on? 

What version of Remote Boost or RGS are you using?

A fix was done for RGS in RGS 7.7.2 for Windows 10 (Version 2004) for a screen-blanking issue that was broken by Microsoft with their new release.  The latest release for Remote Boost is 20.1.

I am an HP employee.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation