Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z6
Ubuntu LTS

Hi all, looking for some help with a problem I have been unable to resolve. Thanks in advance!

• HP Z6 desktop (Intel Xeon, NVIDIA Quadro) with fresh install of Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS.
  • This tower is headless, so there are no monitors.
  • I am trying to use ZCentral (version 22.1 sender and receiver) to access the tower from an HP Zbook laptop running Windows 10.
    • So far, I can use the laptop to access the tower via SSH and previously using Windows RDP (I uninstalled XRDP in case it was interfering)
  • Here are some messages I have:

Screenshot 2022-03-27 220846.png

Screenshot 2022-03-27 221255.pngzcentral_error.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you provide me with more information about your sender?  

Is it headless (meaning no displays attached)?

It sounds like you have confirmed that you can connect with other remote protocols.  Have you verified that the sender is actually running, usually on Linux you will see the sender icon in the top right corner, but not 100% sure where it is when using Ubuntu.  I am going to have PM enabled for you, so I can collect some logs.  Will reach out in PM as soon as I see it enabled.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.