Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm trying to set up ZCentral Remote Boost sender to run headless but the 'Enable headless display mode' is not in the SenderConfigApp. 

It's installed on a HP Z840 workstation running windows10 with a couple of nvidia Geforce rtx 2080 Ti. I have also just updated to the latest version of  ZCentral  (20.0.1.25438)

Am i missing anything?

S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Easier than that.

It's similar to a flash drive that is plugged onto the graphics card, which will send the display data needed.

If you purchase any, just make sure you get one that supports all the resolutions you need.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Steve,

Headless configuration will vary according to different system configurations.

On senders that have GeForce cards, a physical EDID emulator is required to support headless mode when using Remote Boost.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply Lizzy,

Would this apply to all graphics cards that are not quadro's?

Also, would this EDID emulator be a pci card that's in the workstation, or a separate unit?

S

HP Recommended

Easier than that.

It's similar to a flash drive that is plugged onto the graphics card, which will send the display data needed.

If you purchase any, just make sure you get one that supports all the resolutions you need.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Fantasic!

Thanks Lizzy

🙂

HP Recommended

Hi  Lizzy, 

I've been trying to get this to work on a headless workstation with a couple of Quadro k5000 graphics cards.

In the user guide it states

"HP ZCentral Remote Boost can be configured to automatically load a custom EDID which supports most resolutions up to 4k."

And 

"In rgsenderconfig, set Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless
to 1. "

As far as I can see I would still need to have a monitor or an EDID emulator plugged into the display/HDMI port as I can't see anywhere in the confs to load any EDID file directly by adding a path in the config somewhere?

How would this work if I had some rack-mounted workstations? Would they all need an EDID emulator plugged in?

HP Recommended

Hi Steve,

By setting Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless=1, NVidia should be able to create a display for you when connecting through Remote Boost on your K5000 senders.

This doesn't require any EDID emulators to be connected.

Just remember to restart the sender service or reboot the machine after the property change.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks Lizzy,

This is now working.

I needed to update the drivers, once I did that everything worked.

S

🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.