Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Remote Graphics Receiver Version 7.4.0.13800 Build Date Oct 5th 2017
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hey there,

No matter what I do, I can't seem to get the HP Remote Graphics Receiver to span properly across both monitors.  It fits fine lengthwise, but it's everything is zoomed in too much, forcing me to scroll up/down whenever I want to get to the bottom of the screen.  I've attached an example.   This happened with two older monitors, but I upgraded to two 4k monitors, thinking that should sove it, but it did not.

I've tried tweaking the "displays" system preferences in the Mac OS.

Iv'e tried turning on "Match display receiver resolution" and "Match receiver display layout" in the HP Remote preferences.

I've also tried tweaking each monitor's display settings, and that didn't work either.

Using the green "plus" button to maximize the window only maximizes it on one montior.

Any ideas?  This is killing me....

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

One monitor is a NEC EA275UHD, the other is a Samsung U28E570.

monitorUgh.jpg

Maybe this is fixed in Mojave?  I've talked to other Mac users that have never had any luck spanning across two monitors.

Thanks!

Dave

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Unfortunately we don't have the best user experience with the Mac and dual monitor.  This has been brought up before as you mentioned by Mac users.  Will see if we are looking into making a change in RGS for the Mac Receiver.  This is from our latest User Guide:  NOTE:     On Mac OS, if the OS setting Displays have separate Spaces is not selected, an RGS Receiver window
can span multiple sender monitors. If the RGS Receiver has multiple monitors, one monitor displays full-screen mode and the other monitors display nothing.  I will forward this issue again to help get it on the radar.  Is the sender you are connecting to headless or does it have monitors?  If it has monitors, how many and what resolution are you trying to match?  Are you using RGS 7.4 on your sender as well?  What OS does your sender have (build and version)?

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response Kelly!

To answer your questions:

1)  The sender is a dual monitor setup.  Both 1920x1200

One is an HP-Z24-i, the other ix an HP-Z24-x.  Those work great when I'm in the office.

2)  Yes, using RGS 7.4 on the sender: 

HP Remote Graphics Sender
Version: 7.4.0.13800
Build Date: Oct 5 2017

3)  The sender is also on Linux, not sure if that matters.  Not sure what version, but I can find out if it's prudent.

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Does any of that information help?

Do you think there's a way to fix my issue?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Has there been any movement for HP Remote to work better on a Mac?  I still have the same issue and it kinda sucks.  It really doesn't make my company and I want to pay for and use your product...

Thanks.

Dave

HP Recommended

Hello, no there has not been any changes to the Mac receiver yet on how it works with dual monitors.  The one thing you could try is changing the resolution on your Mac.  So if my MacBook Pro has a retina display of 2560x1600, only half of that comes across when connecting with RGS (1280x800).  So if you can match that resolution on your sender you might be able to then stretch the display across and not have scroll bars.  I will give it a try on my Mac and connect to a dual monitor sender.  Update you again shortly.  I will pass along the request for better behavior with the Mac receiver and multi-monitor.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.  Yes, I tried this and while it affected what was on the screen of my macbook pro, it didn't have any affect on the mirroring.  Everything on my dual monitors stayed the same size.  What did you find?  Would really love a solution.  It's really difficult using your product and we're about to look for a different company to go with.

Dave

HP Recommended

My apologies for not responding sooner.  Let me take a look at this today and report back tomorrow on my findings and see if I can get you a workaround.  Promise to update tomorrow!

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

Hello, had a little issue with my MacBook today, so having to reimage.  Should have everything ready to go in the morning.  Will report back on my findings tomorrow.  Hoping I can find a way to make this work for you. 

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.