Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm having an issue where my keys would randomly activate even when not pressed. It's usually the ctrl, alt, or spacebar. I would have to click on the specific key again for it to release. 

I have tried different keyboards, formatting both computers. Problem still persists. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Thank you!

Cheers,

Fuzzie

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello,

Does this happen locally on your receiver, or just when you are in a remote connection?  Are you doing anything in particular when you see this happen, maybe using a particular application, etc?  What version of RGS or Remote Boost do you have installed on your sender and receiver?  You have tagged Windows 10 in this post, what build/version are you using?  Is Windows 10 on both sender and receiver?

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have this issue locally, only when I remote into my work machine. I noticed it happens to a various apps. 

Currently using 7.7.0.20876 on the receiver and the sender is 7.7.0  just not sure what exact patch it is. 

Receiver is 19044.1645 Win10 Pro.

Sender is on build 19042.1586 Win10 Enterprise.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the details.  I can try to see if I can reproduce.  I don't know if your sender is a Z Workstation or not, but if it is, you could try installing Remote Boost V20.4 or V22.1, they are the same, but V22.1 license will expire Jan 2023, and you will need to purchase the subscription to keep using.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.