Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp rgs
Linux

Is ther e a way to install receiver on linux mint?

There is debian folder but only .rpm in there...

Any help please?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Got it to work

sudo alien <rgs installer name>.rpm

it creates .deb which instaled right away.

All seems to work great 🙂

HP Recommended

This worked on Ubuntu 16.04 based distributions, but I had no luck running the converted DEB installer on 18.04 - it threw an error message about unsupported OS, and setting the environment variable to disable the OS version check didn't work.

My solution was to unpack the original RPM and copy the files in the three folders (ETC, OPT and USR) to the corresponding paths in the root filesystem. Rebooted, and RGS was in my start menu fully functioning. I'm on Ubuntu MATE 18.04.

Ugly hack, I know, just wanted to share it so others can get RGS working until there's an updated version.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.