cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C9000
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Remote Graphics Software - Mouse going missing when 3rd party windows are used in Maya (linux)

HP Recommended
Z4 Workstation
Ubuntu LTS

Hello!

Sender:

ZCentral 20.2.0.8624

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Nvidia 2070 RTX Graphics

Driver 460.39

Receiver:

Windows 10

ZCentral 20.2.0.8624

Nvidia 1050 ti MaxQ

I have found an issue in my work place since updating our OS from Ubuntu 14.04 to 18.04 LTS which occurs when using Maya and 3rd party renderers such as Redshift or Shotgun Toolkit.

When I open one of these 3rd party QT windows inside Maya the mouse disappears inside the host application and can only be seen around the menu bars at the top and bottom of the screen.  If I connect to the same machine in the same state using TeamViewer or VNC, I am able to see the mouse pointer anywhere on the screen.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Craig

2 REPLIES 2
KellyRGS
Level 7
Level 7
693 683 53 67
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Let me check on this for you.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
C9000
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for checking Kelly. 

I will be doing some more tests today with other GPUs to rule that side out and will report back.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation