Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

i will start to using Zcentral.

On my Workstation Z2 is install

HP ZCentral Remote Boost Sender
Version: 20.3.0.8831 (f2c776db2)
Build Date: Sep 3 2021

On my Laptop i have installed hp zcentral Remote Boost Receiver Version 20.3.0.8831

Now i want to start to work - but i will not working. The workstation shows "Primary User" Local User - not more.What must i do, to start the connection from laptoop to the workstation? How can i create a user?

I hope, i find somebody to help me.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Are you using Windows 11 on both sender and receiver?

If not, please provide operating systems you are using.

Are you able to actually launch the Receiver and enter an IP address or hostname of the remote system you want to connect to?

KellyRGS_0-1657917017896.png

Is the sender and receiver visible to each other, meaning are they on the same network?  

Have you verified the sender is running on the remote system.  You can check this by opening up Task Mgr and under Services, look for rgsender.  Make sure it says "running".

KellyRGS_1-1657917080422.png

The sender needs to have the same user credentials that you are using on your receiver, otherwise the authentication will be denied and the connection closed.

Make sure you do not have any firewall issues that could be blocking the connection.  Remote Boost uses port 42966 on TCP and UDP (when using HP Velocitly).  Make sure you network can support UDP traffic.  If not, in the Receiver GUI settings, uncheck HP Velocity and see if you can connect.

KellyRGS_2-1657917476284.png

I am going to go ahead and have private messages enabled for you in the event I need to collect logs.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Helly Kelly, thank you very mich for your answer.

The Software is still running. But how can i create a User or a password?

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

Okay, so you are able to open up the receiver to start the connection to the sender (remote system) correct?

On the sender, you need to add the same user credentials that you use on the receiver (local system).  You need to

do this through Windows.  Remote Boost requires the user to also have a password.  

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-...

Now if you are trying to log in as a different user that is already on your sender, and your receiver is Windows as well, check "Prompt for username and password" before making your connection.  This will allow you to enter a different username and password.

KellyRGS_0-1657918729177.png

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello Kelly,

thank you very much for your answer. it was very helpful for me and it works now.

Can i save the username and password on the laptop?

HP Recommended

Glad you are able to connect now.  Normally I create a username and password for each user that will be connecting to the remote system.  So if I already have Kelly as the user on my sender (remote system), I have a password for that user.  If I want Bob to connect to the sender, then I create a user named Bob on my sender along with a password.  

Windows automatically tries to send the username and password that you logged into your receiver (local system) with.  Checking the username and password box stops this process, and allows you to log in with a different username and password from your receiver. 

There is not a way to save a username and password on the receiver, other than creating another user account locally on your receiver (local system) through Windows, but you will probably still have to use the "Prompt for username and password" checkbox.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.