Install RGS 7.7 on Ubuntu 18.04

HP Recommended
Ubuntu 18.04
Linux

Starting RGS receiver runs into several missing libs on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS:

libIce.so.37 => not found
libIceSSL.so.37 => not found
libliveSocket.so => not found

Has anyone RGS up & running on Ubuntu >16.xx ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BeckyN
Level 4
Level 4
72 72 10 16
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP RGS 7.7 does not support Ubuntu but HP ZCentral Remote Boost 2020.0 supports Ubuntu 18.04.  (Remote Boost is RGS with a new name, icon, versioning scheme and new functionality.  Visit hp.com/ZcentralRemoteBoost to learn more.  (Remote Boost will be available during the week of 3/27 - RGS 7.7 is still posted as of 3/20/20.)

Also, be aware that running rgrececeiver.sh will set the necessary lib path to enable the Receiver to work.

I work on behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
BeckyN
Level 4
Level 4
72 72 10 16
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP RGS 7.7 does not support Ubuntu but HP ZCentral Remote Boost 2020.0 supports Ubuntu 18.04.  (Remote Boost is RGS with a new name, icon, versioning scheme and new functionality.  Visit hp.com/ZcentralRemoteBoost to learn more.  (Remote Boost will be available during the week of 3/27 - RGS 7.7 is still posted as of 3/20/20.)

Also, be aware that running rgrececeiver.sh will set the necessary lib path to enable the Receiver to work.

I work on behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee

View solution in original post

mk070
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the hint "start rgreceiver.sh". This did the trick by loading the missing libs...

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation