Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Z4
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a WIN10 laptop (Receiver s/w 2020.1 installed) and a WIN7 Z4 Workstation (Sender s/w 2020.1 installed). When I connect, I get the login screen from the sender, select CTRL-ALT-END and key in credentials. I get the Welcome message but I never get my desktop displayed - only the "frozen" welcome message. Both machines were originally using RGS 7.5 successfully.

I have tried using a different WIN7 receiver with RGS7.5 installed to connect to the above Z4 (still at 2020.1)and that works fine.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The new version appears to have resolved the problem - Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Would you be willing to test with 20.1.2?  What version of Windows 10 are you running on your receiver?  What version of Windows 7 (Pro, Enterprise)?  Do you have a Windows 10 sender to test against?  Remote Boost will not be able to be installed on Windows 7 after our next release this month.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Answers:-

Yes

Win10 Pro 10.0.17763

Win7 Enterprise SP1

Yes - but that's not what I want to get working at the moment.

Understood 🙂

HP Recommended

Remote Boost 20.1.2 is now on the web.  I posted a pinned post this morning.  For log in, are you using our standard authentication or SSO, or Easy Login?  I have a Windows 7 system, need to check if it is Enterprise or not.  I would like to setup my sender like yours, so wondering if your system is headless or if it has displays attached, it may not matter, but I want to check.  Also, what graphic card and driver do you have installed on your sender?  If you could test 20.1.2 on your Windows 7 sender and receiver that would be great to see if the issue is resolved or if it still remains.  I will need to reach out to you in private message if it is still there so I can collect more info that I don't want on the forum.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

The new version appears to have resolved the problem - Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.