Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am running Unreal Engine on a linux K18 and RGSing into it from Windows10. When using mouse to orbit the viewport it seems like it is extremely fast so navigation with the mouse is impossible.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi DejanVP, what version of RGS are you using? 

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Also, have you tried switching to Game Mode?

You can easily enable / disable game mode by using a Hotkey sequence on Setup Mode.

When connected to your sender, type the hotkey sequence + G:

Shift Down + Space Down + Space Up + G.

This will enable Game Mode.

Type the sequence again to disable it.

For other hotkey shortcuts, or to change the default hotkey sequence, check the Hotkey tab on your receiver settings.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I am using RGS receiver7.7.0.20876 on Windows 10 and RGS Sender 7.7.0.20876 on Ubuntu 18.04

HP Recommended

Game mode is not helping here... it seems that RGS Server is sending mouse input to the application in a way that results in a super fast movement. I have tried to reduce the mouse sensitivity in the application but even reducing it to 0.01 of the normal still is too much.

It seem like an RGS mouse emulation on the server side is not compatible with the locally attached mouse.

This problem is not apparent on Windows RGS server. Same app is behaving fine when RGSing to a windows RGS server.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.