Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'll give it a shot see if works and get back here on the form. Is the sender  version old as well?

HP Recommended

Thank you.  Remote Boost 20.1 is our latest release.  For RGS 7, RGS 7.7.2 is the latest release.  I am curious to see if anything is resolved if you try RGS 7.7.  While RGS and Remote Boost are the same product, rebranded as Remote Boost, there are different fixes in each of them.  Some carried over to Remote Boost and some that were just fixed in Remote Boost and not in RGS 7.7.  You can download RGS 7.7.2 from the HP Software Depot.  You will need to create an account to finish the download.  Do a search on Remote Graphic Software.  You will need to uninstall Remote Boost to install RGS 7.7.2. 

In the meantime, testing is being done on a Mac that will have Catalina installed, then install Remote Boost, and then perform the upgrade to Big Sur.  We will be testing with the released version of Big Sur.  As soon as I have results, will post here. 

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

just the receiver. sender is current.

HP Recommended

We were unable to reproduce the issue.  Installed Catalina, then installed Remote Boost 20.1.  Did an upgrade to Big Sur. 

Can you let me know if you are still having issues?  Would like to collect logs via a PM.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hey Kelly,

The issue doesn't seem to occur anymore on my end but I will let you know if it does start happening again

HP Recommended

Yes! This is exactly the problem I'm having. Have you found a solution? Other than reverting back to OS Catalina or using RGS instead of ZCentral.

HP Recommended

As of right now I'm using RGS 7.7 and issue doesn't seem to persist but there is a newer version of HP Z Central 20.1 you can try that one? I haven't had the opportunity to go back and test more but downgrading might be the best option and it looks like it may effect certain Macs while upgrading  as some had the effect while others haven't

HP Recommended

all my users use RGS 7.7 as well and this has been a non-issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.