Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP ZCentral 4R Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand new system, installed the latest version (20.1.2) of the Sender on the 4R workstation and latest receiver on my Elitebook. Every time I try to connect I get stuck on establishing connection. Remote desktop works perfectly fine.

PhillyMix_0-1619189353607.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If your sender is Windows and you that the Quadro RTX 4000, try using our headless EDID property in the rgsenderconfig file.

It is located at C:\Program Files\HP\Remote Graphic Sender.  Below is the property you will want to enable.  I have shown the property enabled.

## Load an EDID on headless Windows system with Nvidia graphics. Once this property is enabled
## this EDID will not be unloaded until the property is disabled.
Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless=1

Make sure you have editing privileges to this file, do not do a SaveAs or you will have other issues.  After making the change, save the file, and restart the sender service, or reboot the system to have the change take effect.  Make sure that you do not have any displays attached to the sender, or any EDID files loaded.  Our property will not load.  

Let me know if this resolves the issue or not.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I see your sender is a Z4R.  Are you using it without displays attached?  If so, what graphic card do you have in the system? 

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Correct, the unit is headless. It came with the Quadro RTX 4000

HP Recommended

If your sender is Windows and you that the Quadro RTX 4000, try using our headless EDID property in the rgsenderconfig file.

It is located at C:\Program Files\HP\Remote Graphic Sender.  Below is the property you will want to enable.  I have shown the property enabled.

## Load an EDID on headless Windows system with Nvidia graphics. Once this property is enabled
## this EDID will not be unloaded until the property is disabled.
Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless=1

Make sure you have editing privileges to this file, do not do a SaveAs or you will have other issues.  After making the change, save the file, and restart the sender service, or reboot the system to have the change take effect.  Make sure that you do not have any displays attached to the sender, or any EDID files loaded.  Our property will not load.  

Let me know if this resolves the issue or not.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks. This also seems to be the case if a monitor is attached, but turned off.

HP Recommended

If a display is attached and turned off, you will most likely get the black screen because that is what Remote Boost sees.    Did adding the headless EDID property help?  I have used this property even on senders that have a display, but are turned off and the EDID from the display is no longer visible.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

This worked. Thanks for the help. May I suggest adding this to documentation or an option in the software to use the system headless. 

HP Recommended

I have the same issue, running a Z220, Windows 10 latest Z-Boost.  The ForceEdid addition did not resolve the problem.  Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

What graphic card and driver do you have in your Z220?

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

For Quadro's with no displays attached use the headless mode setting in the config on windows. That's what we use for our Z2's and Z4R's.

For any other video cards like GTX1080 or RTX2080 and no displays attached we use headless adapters attached to the servers to emulate monitors and that should work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.