Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Macbook Pro
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I'm using an older Macbook Pro. It has a screen resolution of 1280 x 800. When I connect to my z8 it tells me the sender was unable to  match the requested resolution. I do have the software on the receiver side set to match resolution. On the Linux side we're running CentOS. How do I make the sender rescale for the appropriate resolution on my mac?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Hengy,

Resolution matching works according to the sender's graphics card capabilities to match the receiver display(s) resolution.

It will  match the receiver only if it is able to.

Also, El Capitan has not been tested on most recent RGS versions, so we can't tell how well it works with the latest releases.

May I ask which graphics you have on the Z8 and what RGS version you have?

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

We're running 7.7 of RGS. We're using an Nvidia RTX6000 graphics card. And I have since updated the mac to Catalina.

HP Recommended

Does your Z8 support 1280 x 800?

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

The video card does support that resolution. However, with the little I know about xorg files, that resolution is not listed in the autodesk xorg file. Can’t the resolution be added?

HP Recommended

Hi Hengy, we have tried to provide helpful info about the xorg.conf file in the Matching display resolution and layout (Linux-based sender) in the Remote Boost User Guide.  Would you please take a look and let me know if it helps and if not, what additional information should we be providing?

Thank you,   Becky

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.