Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have RGS set up on many machines. From time to time we will encounter a machine that refuses to send remote audio. We have done the tricks in disabling the audio device on the machine before installing the software so it installs a remote audio virtual device but that doesnt seem to work either. What I do notice when we get into this issue is that under the volume mixer we see "Name Not Available" as an application where we normally see HP RGS etc.

I have pulled my hair out uninstalling/reinstalling / tweaking settings etc. What am I missing here?

RGS 20.0.0.23427 on sender

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 3.46.06 PM.png

HP Recommended

Can you tell me what you are doing when using audio?  Generally we default to the system audio, not necessarily what the application is using.  You may have to select the proper audio setting for an application.  So for example if we are looking to NVIDIA audio driver or maybe a Realtek audio driver, and the application uses something else, you would not get any audio.  I was not sure if you second post was a screen shot or not. 

What is your sender and receiver configuration?  Hardware, OS (build and version), graphic card, etc. 

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Yes we are familiar with how the proper audio settings work for the apps. we have 20 other machines with RGS on it (and growing) with Adobe Premiere. Second post was screenshot showing the system audio mixer - showing what I believe is RGS Sender showing as unknown.

None of the system audio gets sent - there is only an internal speaker audio on the machine.

Remote works with other senders just fine - is Mac

Senders are a mix of HP Z desktops and Apple devices in bootcamp. In this particular case this is a Apple Mac Mini (2018).

Honestly what I am thinking about now is the machine having the issue may not have a display hooked up to it (headless). we may need to plug a monitor in. The other Minis we have that are identical and working have displays.

attached you can see screenshots of when working and when not:

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 5.18.00 PM.pngworkingworking

HP Recommended

Not sure why not having a display attached to it would cause the audio to stop working. Do your displays have speakers or audio output on them?  Bootcamp is not a supported configuration.  Are the ZWorkstations that do not have displays also exhibit this behaviour? 

I noticed in the not working screenshot that the system audio is disabled or turned off where as the in the working screenshot, the system audio is enabled.  Not sure what the expected behavior would be with our audio driver on Bootcamp.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.