Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Remote Graphics Software
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hallo,

I had to replace an old workstation with HP Remote Graphics Software (the sender workstation, the machine with the receiver part is still the same) on it.

Since  installing RGS 6.0.1 on the new machine, I get a pop up every time I connect to it:

Advanced Features activation failed

I already found out that this has something do to with a not-working activation of the software.

Sender version is 6.0.1 as mentioned above.

Receiver version is 7.0.1.

There are two different versions, because this was the setup on the old sender workstation (with still the same receiver machine) and it was working fine there.

I also tried newer sender versions, still not working.

As far as I understood the activation of the remote software should happen automatically when having an internet connection.

I have internet and no proxy or anything fancy.

By coincidence I found an article that describes the manual setting of the license server in the receiver config ile.

There was still an old one and I changed it to the (hopefully) latest one: 

Same settings for firewall on the old and the new sender machine.

With the old machine it was working and we also have another pair of sender/receiver workstations, that work fine as well.

I use the  license file from the old machine on the new machine now.

Could that be a problem (although I couldn't see a MAC-address restriction in the license file itself)?

Best regards

n7c

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

To activate HP Velocity or AVC with RGS receiver versions 7.1.1 (and earlier) the activation server address needs to be changed by either editing the RGS Receiver Configuration file or using the RGS Receiver Configuration tool (details below).
RGS Receiver Configuration File
The RGS Receiver Configuration file, rgreceiverconfig, is located in either
:indifferent: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Remote Graphics Receiver\regeceiverconfig (Windows)
:indifferent: /etc/opt/hpremote/rgreceiver/rgreceiverconfig (Linux)
Locate the Rgreceiver.Registration.IpAddress property in the file, uncomment it and set it as follows:
Rgreceiver.Registration.IpAddress=15.0.92.201
RGS Receiver Configuration tool
With RGS 7.1 the server address can also be changed with the receiverConfigApp.exe on Windows or receiverConfigApp.sh on Linux. The server address is in on the Activation tab.
Also find  url for RGS Licensing user guide
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01624233.pdf

Regards;
Raj
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome

Follow these steps to fix your problem:
1) Download (Remote Graphics Software activation failed) repair utility.
http://winwiki.org/go/downloader
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.

I am an HP employee
**Click the Thumps Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

HP Recommended

Hi Raj,

I downloaded and installed the mentioned tool.

After installing and scanning the corresponding system, I realized, that this is one of these tools that try to "fix" registry and other settings.

I won't run this in our corporate network, because I cannot be sure, what exactly will be changed.

Is there any other way we can proceed?

Best regards

HP Recommended

Hi again,

The issue is still unsolved.

Any other ideas on this topic?

Best regards

HP Recommended

To activate HP Velocity or AVC with RGS receiver versions 7.1.1 (and earlier) the activation server address needs to be changed by either editing the RGS Receiver Configuration file or using the RGS Receiver Configuration tool (details below).
RGS Receiver Configuration File
The RGS Receiver Configuration file, rgreceiverconfig, is located in either
:indifferent: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Remote Graphics Receiver\regeceiverconfig (Windows)
:indifferent: /etc/opt/hpremote/rgreceiver/rgreceiverconfig (Linux)
Locate the Rgreceiver.Registration.IpAddress property in the file, uncomment it and set it as follows:
Rgreceiver.Registration.IpAddress=15.0.92.201
RGS Receiver Configuration tool
With RGS 7.1 the server address can also be changed with the receiverConfigApp.exe on Windows or receiverConfigApp.sh on Linux. The server address is in on the Activation tab.
Also find  url for RGS Licensing user guide
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01624233.pdf

Regards;
Raj
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.

HP Recommended

Hi again,

Setting the IP address in the config file did it.

Thanks for the help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.