Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP ZCentral Remote Boost
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi,

I have a problem accessing a PC (HP Z840 Workstation, NV P6000, 128Gb RAM, 2x Xeon) Remotely via HP ZCentral Remote Boost.

It shows the Windows 10 Pro desktop perfectly on login  but from this point it does not update the stream. The session is accepting keyboard and mouse commands, such as pressing start or closing open windows, I know this by closing and reconnecting the session, then shows the updated Windows desktop.

The problem only occurs when the Screen on the remote PC is Inactive or turned off (Connection via HDMI). When active the Remote PC desktop is responsive (and Blanked on the remote monitor).

Is this normal? 

This problem is only on one  Workstation, on other Remote Workstations (z8, RTX8000..) I do not have this problem. 

Any help or troubleshooting steps are appreciated.

Gareth

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

What version of Remote Boost do have installed on both sender and receiver?  Is there a reason why you are turning off the display on the sender?  If you are using HP displays, you may be able to set them to show as always active.  Have you tried making the sender headless so you don't need a display?  This can be accomplished by either exporting an EDID file from the display that you have attached and then loading it on the graphic card. 

Or, there is a property in the rgsenderconfig file that allows you to make the sender headless.  This file is located at C:\Program Files\HP\Remote Graphics sender.  Make sure you have editing privileges to the file, otherwise you will have to do a SaveAs and the new file will not get saved properly. 

## Load an EDID on headless Windows system with NVIDIA graphics.  Once this property is enabled

## this EDID will not be unloaded until the property is disabled.

Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless=1

(Remove # and change to 1)

Make sure to save the file and restart the sender without the display attached.

I am an HP employee.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.