Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Z-4 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got Z Central Remote Boost set up and working perfectly on my home network. I took my workstation back to work and plugged it into the LAN with no monitors, keyboard or mouse. I came home and tested it and it worked perfectly but exceeded my DSL bandwidth a bit and lagged a bit with my 3D controller. I shut the connection down and enabled Advanced Video Compression and left for the day.

This morning I get the message "The Sender was unable to match the requested resolution. Connection is proceeding using the current Sender resolution." and I get a black screen (like monitor sleeping). I can wake it but it shows one monitor and I don't get any login box. I tried unchecking advanced compression with no luck. I saw another post along the lines of modifying the Sender config file but why would it work fine then stop working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you have an NVIDIA Quadro graphic card and Windows on your sender, you can try enabling our headless EDID property in the rgsenderconfig file for your now headless sender.  Make sure you have editing privileges to this file.  This file is located by default at C:\Program Files\HP\Remote Graphic Sender.

## Load an EDID on headless Windows system with Nvidia graphics. Once this property is enabled
## this EDID will not be unloaded until the property is disabled.

Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless=1

Save the file, then restart the sender service, or reboot the system. 

Keep in mind, if you want to reattach a display, you will need to disable this property, otherwise you will get a black screen on your display.

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If you have an NVIDIA Quadro graphic card and Windows on your sender, you can try enabling our headless EDID property in the rgsenderconfig file for your now headless sender.  Make sure you have editing privileges to this file.  This file is located by default at C:\Program Files\HP\Remote Graphic Sender.

## Load an EDID on headless Windows system with Nvidia graphics. Once this property is enabled
## this EDID will not be unloaded until the property is disabled.

Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless=1

Save the file, then restart the sender service, or reboot the system. 

Keep in mind, if you want to reattach a display, you will need to disable this property, otherwise you will get a black screen on your display.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you. I had them plug in a couple monitors at the office and all is well now but I will keep this info in case that needs to change.

HP Recommended

If you do decide to go headless, what you save this property change, make sure that when rebooting or restarting the sender service, you do not have any displays attached, or the property will not load.  Also, if the displays get shut off or go to sleep, you will most likely experience black screens.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.