Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP t640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In another post we got informed that setting the USB connection to local for Wacom tablets solves performance and compatibility issues with some software on the remote machine. The problem we are facing now is that it does not seem to be possible to deactivate Remote USB for just the Wacom tablet. We have to deactivate all Remote USB functionality (which we need for microphones and webcams) in order to get the Wacom to connect locally.

I have attached some screenshots with our configuration. HID Devices (such as tablets) are excluded from being used for Remote USB and the Wacom tablet is set to connect locally but it still gets connected via Remote USB and therefore does not work in some software.

Of course we have restarted both sender and receiver after changing these settings.

Thank you very much for your support!

ClassesClassesDevicesDevicesProtocolProtocol

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have a new driver for you to try with your existing ThinPro OS.  I have spent the last couple of weeks testing it with some devices.  I will create a drop box for you to download the driver and instructions from, and would love to get feedback.  This driver will automatically keep Wacom devices local and allow you to remote other devices.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I am pretty sure that I recommended setting USB protocol to local.   Normally when you have a device plugged in prior a connection, the device will stay local unless you unplug it and plug it back in, and then it is remoted.  However, ThinPro handles things differently.  Let me see what I can find out.  From what I understand, Remote Boost only looks to the protocol in the USB Manager but not the settings for class or device.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

We have set the USB Protocol to local to make our Wacom tablets work. The screenshots are taken from our testing machines. The best solution would be to be able to deactivate remote USB for HID devices including Wacom tablets and leave it on for basically everything else. But as I understand it, this is currently not possible.

This is just a minor problem though, certainly not a deal breaker, maybe an idea for a future update. So far we have had a great experience with Remote Boost.

HP Recommended

I am actually filing a defect as I think this needs to get looked at.  We did not think about ThinPro users using Wacom, keeping that local, and then being able to remote other devices.  We do not look to the USB Manager for devices to be remoted and devices to stay local.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I have a solution for you to try but first I need to find out what version of ThinPro you are on and what Service Pack.  You should be able to see this under System Information.  

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

We are running ThinPro 7.2.0 and Remote Boost 20.3.0.

We did not upgrade to any specific Service Pack, the machines are still fairly new. Under System Information it just says "Service Pack Version: n/a"

Of course we can install any OS Version or Service Pack for testing.

HP Recommended

Can we try out the solution you wrote about? Do we have to install a different OS Version or a Service Pack? We would still like to use Remote USB with our Thin Clients.

HP Recommended

I have a new driver for you to try with your existing ThinPro OS.  I have spent the last couple of weeks testing it with some devices.  I will create a drop box for you to download the driver and instructions from, and would love to get feedback.  This driver will automatically keep Wacom devices local and allow you to remote other devices.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.