Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

ThinPro OS HP t640 Remote USB with Windows host and Wacom tablet

HP Recommended
HP t640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In another post we got informed that setting the USB connection to local for Wacom tablets solves performance and compatibility issues with some software on the remote machine. The problem we are facing now is that it does not seem to be possible to deactivate Remote USB for just the Wacom tablet. We have to deactivate all Remote USB functionality (which we need for microphones and webcams) in order to get the Wacom to connect locally.

I have attached some screenshots with our configuration. HID Devices (such as tablets) are excluded from being used for Remote USB and the Wacom tablet is set to connect locally but it still gets connected via Remote USB and therefore does not work in some software.

Of course we have restarted both sender and receiver after changing these settings.

Thank you very much for your support!

ClassesClassesDevicesDevicesProtocolProtocol

3 REPLIES 3
KellyRGS
Level 7
Level 7
668 659 51 66
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am pretty sure that I recommended setting USB protocol to local.   Normally when you have a device plugged in prior a connection, the device will stay local unless you unplug it and plug it back in, and then it is remoted.  However, ThinPro handles things differently.  Let me see what I can find out.  From what I understand, Remote Boost only looks to the protocol in the USB Manager but not the settings for class or device.

I am an HP employee.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
TheMarmalade
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We have set the USB Protocol to local to make our Wacom tablets work. The screenshots are taken from our testing machines. The best solution would be to be able to deactivate remote USB for HID devices including Wacom tablets and leave it on for basically everything else. But as I understand it, this is currently not possible.

This is just a minor problem though, certainly not a deal breaker, maybe an idea for a future update. So far we have had a great experience with Remote Boost.

KellyRGS
Level 7
Level 7
668 659 51 66
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am actually filing a defect as I think this needs to get looked at.  We did not think about ThinPro users using Wacom, keeping that local, and then being able to remote other devices.  We do not look to the USB Manager for devices to be remoted and devices to stay local.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation