I am currently testing ZCentral remote Boost and everything is working fine. USB redirection is also working fine but USB transfer speed is really slow. The maximum I can get is 4.5 Mbytes / sec over a 1Gbit local network connection. The same USB device (Kingston Elite G2 USB Thumbdrive) is transferring at 60+ Mbytes / sec when used locally. Is there any solution to speed up USB transfer with this software? I also tried on another HP Z6 workstation as a sender and with several different receiver, it is not isolated to one computer. Thanks
I reached out to the R&D team on this. A USB driver will issue a request and potentially not issue a second request until it gets a response to the first request. This two-way transport can limit the bandwidth when you have any kind of latency. Data with USB drives often has to be transmitted in both directions. If you have asymmetric network bandwidth, in some case, performance will be limited by the slower connection. Also, I have found that different manufacturers of USB drives behave differently with Remote Boost.
From the User Guide:
Remote USB (Windows and ThinPro only)
Remote USB allows USB devices physically attached to the receiver to be virtually attached (mounted) to the
sender. This gives the sender direct access to the USB devices, as if the devices were physically attached to it.
See the following list for information about Remote USB support:
● The sender must be Windows-based.
● The receiver can be either Windows-based or ThinPro-based.
● A receiver’s physically-attached USB devices can be collectively attached to a single sender. The devices cannot be split between multiple senders, nor can they be collectively attached to multiple senders.
● HP ZCentral Remote Boost supports all four USB data transfer types (bulk, isochronous, interrupt, and control).
● USB devices that adhere to the USB 1.x, 2.x, or 3.x standard should work. However, devices that are sensitive to timing might experience decreased performance, or they might not function at all. HP recommends thoroughly testing any USB device intended for use with HP ZCentral Remote Boost.
● USB 1.x and USB 2.x devices are supported on USB 3.x ports, but USB 3.x devices are not supported.
● File copies might take longer due to the additional overhead of the network protocol on top of the USB protocol.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".