Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Remote Graphics Receiver 7.6.0.18584
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

When logging into a unix machine from the mac operating system using RGS Receiver, the tilde key, "~", is mapped into the ">" key. I am using the standard US keyboard layout.

Note, this does not occur when I log into the same unix box using the PC version of the RGS.

Also, this does not occur when I ssh into the same unix box from the same mac laptop.

This does not go away when I delete and reinstall HP RGS either.

Therefore, it must be something the RGS Mac receiver program is doing with the keyboard layout. However, I can't find where that may be occuring.

Thanks in advance for addressomg this issue,

Harry

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, We recently had this reported to us and already have a fix.  You need to copy a file that I am trying to attach but failing to be able to do into folder where rgreceiverconfig file is at on the Mac which is /Library/Application Support/HP/rgreceiver/.  Make sure to restart the receiver and then make your connection.  Please let me know if this works or not.  The fix in code will be released in a patch release of RGS soon.  Reaching out to you in a private email so that I can send you the file.  Tried three times to attach it here and it won't post.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I look forwards to receiving the email.

Harry

HP Recommended

Sent you an email with  the attached file and instructions to the email you provided me.  Let me know if you have any issues.  Should resolve the problem.  This fix will be in the next patch release, just not sure of the date yet.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.