Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Zcentral
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Having issues with mac users who are inactive on zcentral the session times out and then the machine is just a blank screen. I can't reboot remotely and the user cant connect to it. Is there a update or a fix for this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi NuXFan123,

Another user solved their problem by disabling MacOS App Nap feature.

We're not sure yet this would be the culprit for all cases, but it solved for them.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-ZCentral-Remote-Boost-and-Connect/Trial-user-Very-frequent-disconne...

Also, is there anything on the sender side that would be interfering? We've seen Windows senders disconnecting as they were set to sleep after few minutes of inactivity.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Ill give that a shot with the user. Where can i find the setting for ZCentral Sender to go to sleep on Windows?

HP Recommended

Hi there,

This is on Windows Power and Sleep settings - not related to RB.

We noticed that if Windows senders go to sleep for inactivity this could / will cause the RB connection to break.

This doesn't seem to happen with Linux senders, though.

If that's not the case here, I will PM you to get logs.

There's still investigation on what the causes for the disconnects could be so, we appreciate any feedback we can get.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Also, could you tell me what version of RB do you have on the sender  and receiver, and also which OS is running on the sender?

And is it only the sender that's crashing and being inaccessible or does the receiver hang too?

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Sorry for the late response. So it happens when the user has the ZCentral window minimized for a few minutes. Then he has to connect to the machine again. The OS is High Sierra 10.13.6. This is the highest the user can go.  I tried using the NS app for the zcentral app using terminal . Still didnt do anything and it still disconnects

HP ZCentral Sender- 20.0.1.25438

HP ZCentral Receiver- same version

The sender is fine the machine is still running but the application on the mac times out and disconnects. 

Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: ??? [1]

Responsible: HP RGS Receiver [22346]

Date/Time: 2021-01-26 13:21:57.209 -0800

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.6 (17G13035)

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.