Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

working on a mac with hp rgs receiver involves using the command key (clover leave) a lot. for example: fast switching between apps, copy/paste. switching to the hp rgs receiver that is running a win operating system unfortunately receives that command key which is interpreted as windows key. in the windows explorer this triggers the start menu to pop up - very annoying, all the time!

attempts to hack the win registry to disable the win key were not successful so far, i wonder why.

so pls add an option into the mac hp rgs receiver app to *not* send command keys across.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Thank you for your feedback.  I will present this issue to the R&D team and see what we can do.  Have your tried to setup a hotkey for this?  What version of RGS are you using on both the Mac receiver and your Windows sender?  What OS is on your Windows sender?  It looks like you are using High Sierra on your Mac.  Need to do a little troubleshooting to see if I can get you a workaround.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

thanks for the reply. my details are:
rgsender.exe 7.2.4.9638 on win 10 enterprise
hp rgs receiver 7.4.0.13800 (oct 5 2017) on mac os x 10.11.6

i followed method one in trying to disable the windows key
https://www.howto-connect.com/disable-enable-windows-key-windows-10/

HP Recommended

Would you be able to move your sender to a newer version?  RGS 7.5.0 was just released and let me know if you are still having issues? 

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

no, 7.5 does not change a thing (surprise, surprise!)

can i invite you to do some testing yourself? attach to a win10 session from your mac. on the mac, starting from some other app (eg, finder) use fast app switching with the command-tab keyboard shortcut. when you switch to rgs that way (with win10 running and already logged in), so you see the win10 start menu pop up? yes? how annoying! every time.

maybe you can add a bug request to the mac product. thanks.

HP Recommended

Will try and get to your request this week,  and will follow your testing suggestions mentioned in your last comments.but in the meantime, will see if your issue is a known issue in R&D.  

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I have looked over this issue, and did talk with R&D.  There are certain keys on Windows we cannot control, such as the Windows logo key.  Windows takes over.  However, in your thread, you mention you were trying to change things on the sender side in the registry.  Unfortunately, it is the receiver that is sending the input so disabling things on the sender won't solve this issue.  Will see if I can find a workaround.  If you have sender blanking enabled, it does block input but I believe it still won't block the Windows logo key.  I have not tested this with a Mac receiver so maybe the behavior might be different. 

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.