Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Hp envy 4520 all in one series

I am needing to find the Os and network I think for my printer I printed out the info page and think it's running Mac but I don't know what version I actually didn't know a printer had an os it's wireless so I guess I just assumed Windows help please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@judex630,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!

This Printer HP Envy 4520 does not have an OS. Only drivers are available for PC's from which you use the printer.

• What PC do you have? Is that a Windows or MAC?
  • How is the printer connected to the PC? Is it wired(USB/Ethernet) or Wireless?

If you are looking for a printer driver compatible with your PC, you can go to this link.

The Website automatically identifies the Operating System on your PC and shows the compatible driver.

Download the driver and open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the printer driver on your PC.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@judex630,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!

This Printer HP Envy 4520 does not have an OS. Only drivers are available for PC's from which you use the printer.

• What PC do you have? Is that a Windows or MAC?
  • How is the printer connected to the PC? Is it wired(USB/Ethernet) or Wireless?

If you are looking for a printer driver compatible with your PC, you can go to this link.

The Website automatically identifies the Operating System on your PC and shows the compatible driver.

Download the driver and open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the printer driver on your PC.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you i didn't think the printer had an os but it kept asking for one when I went to get drivers and software i try to keep my laptop and printer up to date with all the suggested updates but somehow in updating last time I lost my printables app off the printer it still shows up but when I push it it says click here to update then says it's up to date but there are no printable apps I use an hp notebook 15 bw012nr and its wireless I think that's all you asked for thank you 

HP Recommended

@judex630,

Have you tried sliding the menu screen on the control panel?

Usually, on the main menu of the printer control panel, only 'Copy', 'Scan' and 'Fax' tiles would show up.

You need to slide the screen from Right to Left to access the other menu tiles on the control panel.

Please check if you have the Printable apps once you slide the menu screen.

Let me know if this help or if you need any further assistance.

Cheers!

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes i have and the button is still there for printables and when I push it it says press continue to see if there are any updates i push it it says your printer is up to date there are no more apps for this printer at this time but there are none on there at all not even the ones that were always on there

HP Recommended

@judex630,

I did some research and found that the app has to be added on the HP Connected account first.

Please follow these steps:

Login to HP Connected account using this link.

Below is the example of an HP connected account.

To add an App, select Services > Printables > Select the app and add.

Once the app is added to the connected account, the same would be reflected on the printer.

Open the printables on the printer and check if the app is installed.

Please try these and let me know what happens.

Cheers!

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.