Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP color laser mfp 178nw

image.jpg

I am trying to print photos on our printer... I bought brochure paper because I figured it would do the same job, and no one around here had any available. It will not load into the machine correctly. I have put the settings on heavyweight, and glossy with the 180g/m, neither work.  Not sure if the printer doesn’t handle that type of paper, or if I’m doing something wrong 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Mal_paint

Welcome to HP Community

The printer only supports the following Paper Types and Sizes

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06271563#AbT8

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the info. Question however, if it says it can handle extra heavy media types, whats it matter if it's brochure paper? Its in the media weight range ( both metric and US) that is also supported. 

HP Recommended

@Mal_paint, I understand your concern.

Which device are you trying to print from?

Which application are you using to print?

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer. (Win 10)

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Kindly refer to this document to know how to load papers into the printer.

If the printer does not pick the paper, perform the steps mentioned in this document.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried using the HP program that came with the printer, as well as the computer picture program itself. We have a Lenovo computer that is used regularly, and i believe updated regularly as well. I will not download anything else onto that computer, so i will try this with my laptop tomorrow. See if that helps. and i will reply again with my findings. Thank you for all the help. 

HP Recommended

@Mal_paint

Keep us posted how it goes

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.