Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro M479fdw

I'm new to Web Jetadmin, but I have got it installed, have discovered my printer and am creating templates to configure it. I can factory reset the printer and push an EWS password to it and activate SNMP3.

I now want to configure the printer' s control panel / screen, and this is where I'm having trouble. All I want is to hide functions that we'll never use. I want those settings to be the default way the printer appears. Our users will not be logging in to the printer, they just walk up to the printer to either collect something they've printed or they scan something to email.

After a factory reset, "Control Panel Customization" in the printer's web config says the feature is disabled (and then it blames me, as the person who set up the printer!) which isn't a good sign. Not to worry, I don't want to use the web config anyway ... 

In WJA, I did an export from the discovered printer's config and see that it's using the HP PAGEWIDE PRO/OFFICEJET PRO MFP UPI model profile. When I use that to create a template with the Home Screen Customization (PageWide Pro) item, it reports that this is not supported when I try to push a template with that setting in it, although apparently it should be. Using another model profile doesn't change that behaviour. This setting is a pain anyway because it appears to only let you move the items around, not hide/disable anything.

Security | Access Control for Device Functions - Future Smart 3 adn non future smart devices says it isn't supported also (does this printer have Future smart 4? I'm having difficulty finding out) and the interface is rather complex within this setting.

The best setting by far looks to be the Home Screen Applications one, as that has simple tick boxes to turn the features on and off, but I'm immensely disappointed to discover that this officially isn't supported on my printer (- and it doesn't work when I tried it anyway).

Can anybody offer any help?

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.