Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
EPrint
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ePrint was working until 2 days ago for the past 18 month but since yesterday I cannot print to any remote printers in 2 locations.

I can sign in on the web (hpconnect) and see the installed printers but when trying to sign in with the local software (HPerint + Jet Advandage) it does not allow it.

It seems that this issue has been going on in the past a few times but even after searching for a solution I could not find anything.

This is the message I get when connecting to ePrint: Unable to communicate with the HP ePrint service. Ensure you have a valid internet connection then try again.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@wernerjb

Try removing the HP ePrint + JetAdvantage printer driver software. Below are the steps on how to do it:

• Go to the Search tab, type Control panel
  • Select Programs and Features
  • Select the HP ePrint + JetAdvantage printer driver software,  right click and select Uninstall.

Now go to Control Panel > Devices and Printer  > Select all the printer entries and remove the device.

Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.

Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entries there as well.

Restart the PC and then try to download and install the ePrint Software from here.

If you want full-featured software for your printer, you can find it here.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This did not help to resolve this issue - still cannot print to ePrint. I had an error message upon uninstalling it - but was finally able to resolve them after restarting a few times and starting the installation before all drivers were loaded. After re-installing the ePrint App it gave me basically the same error message as before - see below.

Capture1.JPG

Below the error message after the installation.

Capture.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.