cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

30.01.45 Scanner Failure CM4540MFP

HP Recommended
CM4540 MFP

I keep getting this error message when i try to scan.  I can copy without problems.  Once in a while when i try to fax, i get this message but mostly when i try to scan to a folder on my computer.  I turn the printer off, and sometimes after that i can scan.  Sometimes i have to turn it off twice, let it warm up and then copy a page.  Then i can scan.  It is happening more often now.  Printer is only 3 years old.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 13
7,130 7,121 558 1,016
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Description
The product experienced an internal communication error involving the CPB.
Recommended action
Turn the product off, then on again. If the message remains, turn the product off, remove the formatter,
and then reinstall the formatter.
If the error persists, replace the formatter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will try this, but am learly.  I believe this formatter costs about $500 to replace? 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation