Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
J9V80B 377dw pagewide
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On my 377dw I recently got these faulty printings.

Black ink was still 50%  but even with a new cartridge, still same problem.

Did Cleaning 1 + 2  , but advance says I need a special cleaning "cushion" Almohadilla in Spanish version, that I cannot find anywhere?

Also Aligned cartridges.

No luck

What else can I try before calling de Service truck?

Thanks!!

error2.jpgerror1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK  So for all who has this same printer, I found THE explanation!  

As most times, by St. Google in Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPmG7Wq9IJ0

Good luck, fellow HP sufferers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

If at least someone could explain me why this is only happinging with black and not the 3 colours?

HP Recommended

It looks to me that the black toner cartridge is the issue.

Never mind how many % toner left it's bad.

Change another one to see if it helps.

HP Recommended

Of course I have tried that with my first intents.

Thank you anyway

HP Recommended

So I just called HP Spain to ask for support.

Incredible!

No support is given on a printer that has 2 years 3 month age and not more then the 2 cartridges/clour used!!  Not even if paid for!

That is completely unacceptable!  

So if this is it:   Not 1 HP item will ever again come into my business!

You are warned, fellow hp users.

HP Recommended

This issue is called Black ink Fade. It is caused when pigment particles settle out of the ink suspension and settle to the bottom and clog the print head. Currently I am not aware of any fix beyond head replacement. These printers are more prone to it if you are not keeping firmware up to date and keeping printer plugged in all the time. DO NOT turn of these printers, allow them to go to sleep so that they can run required ink exercises to prevent pigment from clogging the heads.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

It's my bad I thought 377dw is a LaserJet printer..............

I was wrong.

HP Recommended

Thank you for that info. At least this is an possible cause.  I could see if spare parts are available.

However; in my case, this printer has always been on since I have connected it.  In fact, I hear it coming up and "rumble" many times, even during night. So there is a logic with your info.

As a last tryout before dismantle the printer, I will receive a special cleaning sheet and give it a las opportunity with that. I just can't get myself to dump 250€ + 300€ spare cartridges like that.

Thanks HP!!

HP Recommended

OK  So for all who has this same printer, I found THE explanation!  

As most times, by St. Google in Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPmG7Wq9IJ0

Good luck, fellow HP sufferers

Will show you how to recover and manually clean the printhead on a HP Pro-x x451, x551, x476, x576 Inkjet Printer HP Pro-X 970/971 Business Bulk Ink Solution Inkbags Continuous Ink System - CISS www.inkbags.com / www.adaptiveink.com For Use with: HP OfficeJet Pro X Series Printers: HP Officejet ...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.