Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
laser jet pro 400 MFP M425dn

Since this morning our printer showing us this message " 49 Service Error"....

Please help us!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Manon1962

Printer:

HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425dn

Documents - Errors on the Printer

Troubleshooting Category

Find the available solutions here:

HP LaserJet Pro and Color LaserJet Pro Printer and MFP - Troubleshooting 49.XXXX Errors

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Manon1962

Printer:

Documents - Errors on the Printer

Troubleshooting Category

Find the available solutions here:

HP LaserJet Pro and Color LaserJet Pro Printer and MFP - Troubleshooting 49.XXXX Errors

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hello, check the que and see what job is showing an error status. Delete that job, powercycle the machine and see if it comes to ready. If it does, then try updating the firmware.

Make note of the print job that had the error status, as usually when I have come across this issue, it has been due to people printing from certain websites.

Hope this helps....

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help!!!  

HP Recommended

@Manon1962

You are welcome.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

You wrote: "check the que and see what job is showing an error status. "

If all the users are set to print directly to the printer via IP printing, is there a way to view the queue that's internal to the printer?  Similarly, is there a way to view job history either from the control panel or the web-interface to the printer?

Ususaly, when I run into this sort of error, I have to restart the machine, and hit cancel at JUST the right time.  Which often takes me five or six reboot cycles.  But if I could hit pause before it start trying to process the corrupt job, and then go into the queue and delete that job, that would save a lot of time and frustration!

Thanks.

jk

HP Recommended

Sadly, the link doesn't work. I've had this printer for a few months and have had nothing but issues with it. This is just the latest. I can't just get on there and print. Starting to hate it. M254dw

HP Recommended

@MrsFlash62 

I am sorry you are frustrated.  My own expertise with Laser Printers is pretty limited.  Laser Printers are great when they work and a mystery when they do not.  (Personal observation.)

The original postings in this thread are nearly three years old.  Pathways to documentation can change over time.  Sometimes you have to start (over) at the main website support for the printer and track down the elusive document or link.

Example

Find the printer HomePage 

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Example - homepage for this printer:

Next,

Open Category Troubleshooting

Select Topic Errors and Lights on Product

The Document  HP LaserJet Pro and Color LaserJet Pro Printer and MFP - Troubleshooting 49.XXXX Errors

Particularly if the solution for this thread is not the solution for your issue,

Consider starting a new thread of your won.  This way you will be more likely to gain the attention of an Expert and the solutions / ideas you receive can be better targeted to your specific setup and issues.

Post New Question

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

2020 Year of the Rat

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I am not able to fax from HPM475dw LaserJet.  I keep getting error 49 when trying to send a fax.

I am not finding support for this issue.  Please advise.  Thanks!  [EDIT]

HP Recommended

First thing to try is clear the stored fax memory.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.