Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp laserjet 1536 bdnf MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to know how to fix this error and what does a lase/scanner unit for this model cost?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ghostrider48

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums.

I came across your post and would like to assist. 

I understand that you have an HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf Multifunction Printer and it produces a 52 scanner error. Not to worry, I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

Is the printer able to make a photocopy successfully? If yes then it indicates that the printer and ink cartridges are all fine. 

Did this issue start after a power outage?

Did any hardware changes take place on the printer before this issue occurred?

Meanwhile, please perform the following steps to isolate and fix the issue:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

You may attempt to make a copy from the glass bed and also by using the document feeder and check if the scanner bulb beneath the glass bed glows or not. When you scan using the glass bed, the bulb moves to copy the original document. While copying through the document feeder, the original document moves through the feeder and bulb inside the printer remains stagnant. 

In case this operating in not happening with the bulb then it indicates towards a scanner failure. 

I genuinely hope this information helps. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. 

Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

I am messegingg you in hopes that you have had encountered the situation again and can tell me what to do next. I have followed your following steps:

eanwhile, please perform the following steps to isolate and fix the issue:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

However it will feed the paper but will not print. I cannot even send anything from my computer to print on it either.

please advise  how I can fix this further.

HP Recommended

HP's printer always has two different kind of scanner which one-function printer just has only one but muti-function printer has two both.

Every laser printer has one scanner to print out the real page you want, and the muti-function print (print/copy/fax/scan) has another one used for copy/scan/fax but when you really want to print out anything on paper they still use another laser scanner not the same one as copy/scan/fax. And if the only one's laser scanner is defective you got 52 scanner error messange.

It's a hardware issue needed to be fixed and can not be fixed by software or just on/off the printer.

52 scanner error

http://www.advancedlaser-hp-error-codes.com/error_52.htm

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.