Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have hp color laserjet cp5225 printer, when I turn it on, an error message is displayed on control panel which it says

(60.02 error turn off then turn on) 

Can anyone help me to solve this problem? Any manuals, videos, pictures,  ...etc will be useful.

and if he can send me the solution on E_mail: basim_abid@yahoo.com.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The 60.02 error is a tray 2 lift error, please try steps #1 and #2 and get back to me with the result:

1.Use the Tray 2 paper surface sensor (PS4) test in the Tray/Bin manual sensor test to verify that the

sensor is properly functioning.

2.Open and close Tray 2 and listen at the back of the product for the sound of the lifer motor (M9)

operating.

Regards,

DaveK.

I work for HP.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The 60.02 error is a tray 2 lift error, please try steps #1 and #2 and get back to me with the result:

1.Use the Tray 2 paper surface sensor (PS4) test in the Tray/Bin manual sensor test to verify that the

sensor is properly functioning.

2.Open and close Tray 2 and listen at the back of the product for the sound of the lifer motor (M9)

operating.

Regards,

DaveK.

I work for HP.

HP Recommended

Can you send me any available manuals to know where to locate the sensor ... ?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Is this error occurring out of the box (new printer installation)?  If not, do know of anything that could have occurred just prior to the error?

Please let me know what you find out. 

Regards,

DaveK.

I work for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for response,

the problem solved. I find paper jam in the tray 2 and when I remove it from the tray , an error message disappeared.

HP Recommended

I just had the 60.02 issue with a CP5225dn, called hp and concluded that either the tray 2 or the paper lifter motor for the tray 2 were phisically damaged. The tray had no apparent damage, so I removed the lifter motor. I dismantled it and I found a small piece of dirt (<1mm) between the teeth of the rotors. I removed it and voilà, everything is working again.

hope this helps somebody

cheers

HP Recommended

Thanks for posting, I found same issue paper jam in tray2 removed same error disappear.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.