Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I have Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw and I'm getting blue dots printing on every page - spaced 1 inch or so apart down center of page.  Any help or guidance on this?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

First try running Cleaning Mode and see if that may help, to do so go to Setup > Service and then select Clean Mode / Clean Page.

Next select Setup > Reports and select Supplies Status Report, then evaluate the printed report.

If you see any defects on this report then please scan the printed report and add it to your post to get a better idea of any possible cause.

If the page is clear try pritning from your computer and check if the clean page may helped.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. I did what you suggested, but as you can see from this scan there are these blue dots from the top to the bottom. How can I get rid of these? Could it be a problem with the cyan cartridge?Supplies status report.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi SFPineSt,

Yes, replacing the cyan toner will eliminate the issue.

Consider buying a full set of toners since your other toners are very low. Thus, you will get a better price rather than buying them seperately.

I hope this will help you,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

Hello all. I'm experiencing the same issue. Blue dots down the right side of the page. I've changed the cyan cartridge twice with original HP cartridges. I've run the cleaning function twice and have blown out the inside with compressed air. Still, the issue persists. Are there any other things I can try? The model is m477fnw. Thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

I too have an HP Printer MFP M477fdn exhibiting the same blue dots.  I have run the cleaning solution and the dots persist (see attached scan of the supplies run after the cleaning). 

Can you provide a solution other than replacing the Cyan Cartridge as still have 1000 copies left in this cartridge and they are expensive to replace.  (unless HP is willing to send a free replacement?).Blue Dots.jpg

HP Recommended

I did the Clean page as you suggested and still have the blue dots, see below. Now what, alcholol?Printer issue July 2019.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks so much, replacing the Cyan worked, no more dots!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.