Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color LaserJetPro MFP M477 FDW

Blue vertical line printing on every page (when printing in color, black  & white is fine).  Have replaced the cyan cartridge, all other cartridges have plenty of ink left.  Have done multiple cleaning pages and lines still appearing.  Have also removed all of the cartridges, shook each one, and returned.  Still printing with lines.  HELP PLEASE!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I would suggest you to perform Half Test Page.

Half Test Page : Print any page(in which you get Blue Line), when page comes out 10 %, then open cartridge door.
Starting part of the page would be fused(Heated and toner is pasted properly) and rest of the page will be unfused where if you rub from finger, the ink would come out.

If the issue only appears in fused part, then it confirms the Fuser Assembly has hardware issue. However, if the issue is on both fused and unfused part, it could be cartridge issue or Laser Scanner Assembly( also, it could be HVPS which is rare).

HP Recommended

Hi @SG36,

It sounds more like an earthing issue to me. Try and clean all the contact springs where the cyan toner sits. Failing that I would recommend servicing the printer. The HVPS (High Voltage Power Supply - It is the board where the those springs make contact with) would most probably be faulty. So, replacing it would be my suggestion.

I hope that helps,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.