Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP Pro M477fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought my printer one month ago, and have been using it normally without any problems. I kept printing and copying black papers until the toner ran very low. I bought a replacement toner from PolyToner Chinese company that is compatible with the printer, which has the model number PTH-F410A.

After installing the toner, the printer prints black from computer perfectly without any difference than the original HP supply that came with the printer. But an issue happened with printing in grayscale and copying papers any black or gray or colored content, and it started immediately after replacing the toner. All prints became very faded, and copies became very bad in resolution and faded too. Noting that nothing got changed in the printer other than the black toner, and I reinstalled the original HP toner back and it didn't solve the problem.

I have the same issue with my MFP M177fw and happened the same way, and have replaced too many toners from different vendors like Asta and Mr.Ink to no avail. The only difference than M477fdw is that printing from computer on the M177fw didn't give faded gray, and color paper copies gave normal black and colors.

Printing diagnostic pages for both models always gave normal printouts. The only way to get acceptable copies in both models was to set the copy darkness to the maximum so that it gives normal black and colors, and that means I lost darkening paper copies.

I tried restoring to factory defaults and resetting vnram in both models to no avail too. And both printers has the latest firmware versions.

Kind Regards,

Tarek Y.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Any help? I've been waiting for too long and got no replies at all!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.