Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet 3700n

I was intermittently receiving "59.99 Printer Error" but now it's happening almost everytime I power cycle the printer during start-up.  If I power cycle the printer enough times, it eventually turns on.  However, if it does turn on, it seems to happen again as soon as the printer starts to feed in paper.

I saw davidzuts post here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/CLJ-3550-quot-59-99-Printer-Error-quot/td-p/5888283 but I wanted to see if there may be a chance of it being anything else before I move on to getting to these two solenoids.  I ran component tests and everything seems to operate fine.  Is there any way I can troubleshoot to confirm these solenoids are the problem before I go down that path?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can not confirm without taking out the pickup assembly which I know is a bear. Keep in mind the fact that the printer sometimes starts indicates that the solenoid is sticking since it apparently releases sometimes. It will only get worse over time.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You can not confirm without taking out the pickup assembly which I know is a bear. Keep in mind the fact that the printer sometimes starts indicates that the solenoid is sticking since it apparently releases sometimes. It will only get worse over time.

HP Recommended

davidzuts - once again, you were correct.  I got to the solenoids and the one with the black stuff was sticky.  Replaced it and no more error!  Thank you so much for the great guidance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.