Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CM1312nfi MFP
Other

Hello,

When sending faxes (and most times when receiving), the all in one unit simply shuts down and reboots.  The activity log says "Power Failure" for each attempt at faxing.  The latest firmware had been installed earlier in the year and the fax had been working since then.  The page memory was cleared and the unit was restored to factory default settings but the same problem occurs.  I had also tried the "left arrow + ok" buttons at reboot from another printer troubleshoot info on this forum, but that sequence did not work on the CM1312nfi MFP unit.  I am a volunteer for a regional network of 5 libraries.  All 5 libraries have the same printer and all have the most up to date firmware, yet this is the only one that has come up with this issue.

Thanking-you in advance if you know of the problem and the solution.

Benoit

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Benoit55, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 

I understand while sending faxes from your printer you are getting Power Failure message.

Don't worry I'll to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Try the steps recommended below.

Restoring the factory-set defaults returns all of the settings to the factory defaults, and it also clears the fax header name, phone number, speed dials, and any stored faxes in the product memory.

   caution:

This procedure also clears all fax numbers and names that are associated with one-touch keys and speed-dial codes and deletes any pages that are stored in the memory. The procedure then automatically restarts the product.

1.On the product control panel, press Setup.

2.Use the arrow buttons to select Service, and then press OK.

3.Use the arrow buttons to select Restore defaults, and then press OK.

The product automatically restarts.

Also, try updating the printer firmware and check if it helps.

Link to update the printer firmware.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

It is a hardware issue with your printer.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This worked.  thank you.  I have a lot of problems with this printer and some of it is related, I believe, to it not being very compatible with a Mac

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.