Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hmm — when I look at the suggested solutions we again have HP (as a global player!) neglecting its 'stone age' devices. Where 'stone age' is defined as anything older than 4 or 5 years.

It's not unlikely that one other major update ahead even the tricks described above (install USB driver and afterwards switch port) won't work any more.

As much as I love HP printers — this (at least by and at HP) time honoured politics of dropping perfectly functionable older devices and thus forcing user to buy a new printer finally proved itself successful: I got myself another brand.

HP Recommended

Not me- I have done the neccessary in order to have my "stone age" (5 years but in perfect condition) CM2320 fxi MFP working with my "stone age" Dell Latitude e6500 (8 years, but with upgrade from HDD to SSD) under W10 Redstone.

I would say, that in this particular case the solution was from MS (using newesr HP Universal PLC 6 drivers) rather than from HP

HP Recommended

The latest software works but it has much to be desired.

First it fails in that there is no way to run the installs manually.

Lets suppose we want to just install the scan software or the toolbox software.

This installer forces you to install using their install shell.

I ran into problems with it when I tried an uninstall.

I had installed the toolbox and ran into a problem as the scan software wasn't working.

So as I ran the uninstall it crashed - this happens often with this software.

Now i run the install and it doesn't install anything.

Seems it thinks eveything is still there.

When I go to uninstall and choose what to remove it shows nothing there.

So I ran the uninstall again even though it shows nothing installed!!

After I installed it again we now have all but the toolbox installed.

There is no option to add additional software!

I tried once again by removing it once more but this time I deleted all keys in the Registration database for HP

Install again same problem.

Does anyone have a way to install the toolbox without using the HP installer???

Why HP creates the worst install software is beyond me.

HP Recommended

I'm interested in hearing Huples_CZ solution for scan-to-email.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.