Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CP 1025
macOS 10.14 Mojave

After upgrading MAC OS to Mojave, CP1025 doesnt print anymore. It shows problem "FILTER" and thats all. Upgraded firmware and drivers. Doesnt help.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Alex1975,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!

HP LaserJet CP1025 Color Printer is not supported with macOS 10.14 Mojave. HP LaserJet CP1025 Color Pinter driver for macOS 10.14 Mojave are not available from the HP website or Apple Software Update. However, Gutenprint (formerly called Gimp-Print) provides open-source basic print drivers for many printers that would otherwise not be supported in Mac OS X. To see if your printer is supported, go to Gutenprint drivers for more information.

NOTE: Gutenprint drivers are not supported by HP or Apple.

HP LaserJet CP1025nw(network capable model) printer is AirPrint compatible. If in case you are using the HP LaserJet CP1025nw and the printer is connected to your home network, then try setting up the printer with AirPrint.

Here is how to do it:

Please ensure that the Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the steps available here to update Mac software.

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then click the minus button at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint or secure AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

6.) Try to print.

Let me know how it goes!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm totally dissatisfied with your response. You can't just say there is no driver available. You have to say when a driver will be made available and apologize for the delay. There was no suitable driver listed at the alternative site which was listed as not secure. So no solution, no more printing with HP.

HP Recommended

@got2disthis,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It doesnt work anyway. So what should I do with this printer? Send it back to you???

HP Recommended

@Alex1975,

Since the printer is obsolete and no drivers are available, you can upgrade your printer with a newer model.

Click on this Link to contact HP for upgrade options.

Cheers!

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for a great answer. No more HP in my life!

HP Recommended

May you tried resetting the printing system?

*Be aware that resetting the printer system will remove any existing print queue and reset any customized driver settings.
Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.
Select Print & Scan.
Right-click (or Ctrl + click) your product in the Printers list in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system.
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type your User Name and Password.
Click OK. The printing system resets.

Now press the plus sign and try re-adding your printer, try selecting either the HP Color Laserjet CP1020 or the AirPrint option from the Use drop-down menu and check if any option may provide better results.

If you are now able to print successfully, no need to follow any further steps.

Also, downloading and installing below driver manually may help to enforce the drivers are properly installed if you are not able to print with any of the steps suggested above:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

This does not help. The problems remains that neither HP nor Apple have updated the drivers for Mojave. They are completely irresponsible to their customers.

HP Recommended

Is the printer connected via USB or through a wireless network connection?

What results do you get once trying to print using an HP driver (selecting the printer model within the Use drop-down menu)

Do you get any other results when adding the printer using AirPrint within the Use drop-down menu?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.